Your Rochen Growth, Pro, or 2020 Reseller plan allows you to add individual cPanel accounts (we also refer to these as sub-accounts) for each of the websites that you host with us. With your plan you can do this via WHM, but we’ve also added a convenient method via the My Rochen portal which we will outline below.
Before we get started, we recommend reading our article about Adding a Package via My Rochen, as you will need to assign a package to each new cPanel account that you’re creating.
The first thing that you will need to do is locate your hosting plan via your account. You can do this in the “Manage Services” section of My Rochen which is accessible via the left side navigation as well as the main dashboard, as illustrated below:
|Side Navigation||Main Dashboard|
Now that you have your hosting service selected, let’s get started creating a new cPanel/sub-account:
- Click on the “Create Account” button in the top right corner of your main account panel:
- Enter the domain name of the website for which the new account is being created
- Choose your domain name registration option. Rochen offers domain name registration and transfer for an annual fee, but you can also opt to maintain your domain name externally.
- Select one of the popular CMSs to have installed automatically or choose “none”. *note: if you’re migrating an existing website, choose the “none” option.
- Choose your package from the dropdown.
- Double check that recurring fees are as expected. If you haven’t selected ‘register’ or ‘transfer’ for the domain name, there should be no recurring fee.
- Click on the “Create Account Button.
- Once your account has been created, you should see a ‘success’ message on the next screen, along with the log in credentials for your new account. Safely copy and store your credentials.
- That’s it! You have now created a cPanel account for the purpose of hosting a new website (or migrating an existing one) from your Rochen hosting plan.