Doing an import with Softaculous will allow you to move CMS installations (Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc) on the current server into Softaculous to use its various tools, including cloning and staging.
This article will walk you through the process. Let’s start!
Just as you did when creating your staging site, log in to your cPanel account and go to the Softaculous section. Click on any application.
Beginning the Import with Softaculous
For this demonstration, we’re going to move a WordPress script, using import with Softaculous, from another server.
Click on the Import Tab on the Software page in the Softaculous panel, as shown below
- Now Click on the From This Server tab and do the following:
- Enter protocol and then choose a domain from the dropdown
- enter the directory in which the installation currently resides. If your installation is in your domain root, just leave the directory box empty.
- Now click on the Import button
- When the import with softaculous is complete, you will see a message on your screen to let you know.
If you have any questions about using import with Softaculous, or any of the features, please open a technical support ticket so that we can help.