This article is for importing existing CMS installations (Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc), on the existing server, into Softaculous so that you can use the various Softaculous tools such as cloning, staging, etc. To import a site from a remote server (another host, for example) pleaser refer to this article.
Just as you did when creating your staging site, log in to your cPanel account and head to the “Softaculous” section. Click on any application.
Beginning the Import Process
For this demonstration we’re going to import a WordPress script from another server.
Click on the Import Tab on the Software page in the Softaculous panel, as shown below
- Now Click on the “From This Server” tab and do the following:
- Enter protocol and then choose domain from the dropdown
- enter the directory in which the installation currently resides. If your installation is in your domain root, just leave the directory box empty.
- Now click on the “Import” button
- When the import is complete, you will see a message on your screen to let you know.