This article will walk you through the steps for taking your staging site, and pushing it to your account root, in order to make it become/override your live website.
Essentially this is something you’d do, if you’ve made changes to your staging site and want to see the same changes live, without having to duplicate your efforts.
- Just as you did when creating your staging site, log in to your cPanel account and head to the “Softaculous” section. Click on any application.
- Click on the “All Installations” icon in the top right corner
Push Your Staging Site to Live
- Now that we’re logged in to cPanel, have found Softaculous, and clicked the “All Installations” icon, we see a screen that lists our existing installations. Click on the “Push to Live” icon for the staging installation that you wish to duplicate. Note, the icon will only be present on installations that were specifically created via the staging option.
- On the next screen you can choose the Default options, or customize the data that you want to push live. The default settings will replace all the files of your live installation with the ones in your staging installation and will erase the live database and import the database from your staging installation.
- The settings in Customize allow you to choose whether or not to overwrite files and folders, or to push the full database or not, and will provide you the optoin of selecting database changes that you wish to push.
- Now click on the “Push to Live” button.
- this stage may take 3 to 4 minutes for average sized sites, or longer for larger sites.
- Great! You’ve now successfully pushed your staging site live.