This article outlines how to push a staging site to your account root to make it override your existing live website.
Staging is when you make changes to a copy of your site. Instead of having to duplicate the same changes on your live site, you can push a staging site to take its place.
Please note that before you can push a staging site, and override your live site, first you have to create your staging site. You can do that as outlined here.
- Log in to your cPanel account and go to the Softaculous section. Click on any application.
- Click on the All Installations icon in the top right corner.
Pushing Your Site to Live
- In the All Installations section, click the Push to Live icon for the staging installation that you want to duplicate. Note that the icon will only appear on installations that were specifically created with the staging option.
- Next, you can choose the default options or customize the data that you want to push live. The default settings will replace all the files of your live installation, with the ones in your staging installation. And they will erase the live database and import the database from your staging installation.
- The settings in Customize allow you to choose whether to overwrite files and folders or push the full database and will give you the option to select database changes that you want to push.
- Now click on the Push to Live button.
- This stage may take 3 to 4 minutes for average-sized sites, or longer for larger sites.
- Great! You’ve now successfully pushed your staging site live.
We’re here to help! If you have any questions or concerns about the process to push a staging site live, please open a technical support ticket.