This coming week on May 2, 3 and 4 members of the Rochen team will be attending CMS Expo in Chicago Illinois! We’re excited to be attending the event as a Diamond Sponsor for the second year in a row.
We’re most looking forward to meeting up with existing customers and making friends with new ones. Here at Rochen we’re at work 24/7 to assist our customers online, however nothing beats meeting in real life! Just like last year we’ll have our Rochen booth set up with staff on hand to meet and greet and help to answer any questions about our services.
Also, we’ll be doing two presentations this year:
Monday, May 2 at 1pm – CMS Security and Performance
- This session will tackle security issues that are faced when operating websites which use Joomla, Drupal, or WordPress
- Topics covered will include server-level security tools like PHP’s open_basedir and Apache’s mod_security as well as highlighting the benefits of running PHP in CGI mode with su_php for both security reasons and also to avoid file ownership and permissions hassles.
- Real world examples will be covered and details provided on how you can avoid similar fate by using a properly configured server combined with good CMS security best practices.
Tuesday, May 3 at 9:15am – Joomla Utilities – Making Joomla Easier!
- We’ll be demonstrating and showcasing the features of our new Joomla! Utilities cPanel Plugin
- Upgrade Joomla, apply security tweaks, migrate Joomla from another host, fix file and directory permissions, Install Joomla 1.5 or Joomla 1.6… Joomla Utilities does all that and more!
- We’ll also be unveiling a brand new feature!
So if you’re attending CMS Expo this year too, don’t miss out on our sessions and be sure to drop by our booth and say hello.
We’ll also have a follow up blog post after the event with some pictures and a wrap up of all the activities. Follow us on Twitter or find us on Facebook for updates.
Wendy Robinson joined the Rochen team in June 2010 as a sales support staff member. She is also currently involved with the Joomla! project as a member of the Community Leadership Team.