Back in November we introduced our new Joomla! Utilities cPanel plugin, a set of tools exclusive to Rochen hosting customers that allows the Joomla! user to easily install, upgrade, maintain and enhance the security of their Joomla websites.
Today we have two brand new features for Joomla Utilities which we are very excited to tell you about. Now when you access Joomla Utilities in your Rochen hosting control panel you will have the following additional options:
Install Joomla 1.6:
When you go to the Joomla installation section of Joomla Utilities you will now be able to opt whether you’d like to install the most current version of Joomla 1.5 or Joomla 1.6 with a single click of your mouse. Rochen’s hosting platform is fully performance tuned and secured for both versions.
Migrate Joomla to Rochen from Another Host:
This feature is very exciting and is going make life a lot easier when it comes to moving your Joomla site from your old/current host to your Rochen hosting account. All you need is your FTP information from your current host and you will be able to migrate your entire site over to Rochen with just one click. The migration feature supports both Joomla 1.5 and 1.6 websites.
We’ve prepared another demonstration video below so that you can check out the new features right away:
The above new features are available in addition to all of the current Joomla Utilities features listed below:
- Simple Joomla installation tool that unlike other “auto installers” always installs the latest stable version of Joomla
- Ability to install multiple Joomla installations to your secondary domains, sub domains and sub directories
- Automatic security hardening for new Joomla installs
- Reset the password for any Super Administrator account under a Joomla site
- Update the Joomla Core in a single easy step
- Security tweaks that prevent arbitrary scripts from running
- File and Directory Permission optimization / repair tool – useful if moving a Joomla site to Rochen from another host
- Easily password protect your Joomla Administrator panel
- Joomla sites that were not initially installed using the “Joomla Utilities” feature can still be managed and updated
- The “Joomla Utilities” are built directly into your Rochen account’s cPanel so there is no third-party extension to install or maintain under Joomla meaning zero hassle
- White labeled so that resellers can offer Joomla Utilities to their own clients without Rochen being visible
The “Joomla Utilities” option is available on all Rochen’s shared servers, ready for immediate use by Business Hosting and Reseller Hosting customers. Managed Virtual Server (MVS) and full Managed Server customers, who have not already done so, can request this be installed on your server at no extra charge by opening a technical support ticket via the My Rochen customer portal.
Thanks for taking the time to check out our new Joomla Utilities features! If you have any comments or questions, please post them here as we’d love know what you think.
Wendy Robinson joined the Rochen team in June 2010 as a sales support staff member. She is also currently involved with the Joomla! project as a member of the Community Leadership Team.