Recently, while starting off my Melbourne JoomlaDay presentation I asked the following question: “Which of the Official Joomla! Sites is the busiest?” A number of people correctly answered: “The Joomla! Extensions Site!”. I thought I’d use this blog post to provide a little background information and figures we at Rochen have gathered with regard to the hosting of this site.
- Website URL: http://extensions.joomla.org
- Nickname: JED (Joomla! Extensions Directory)
- March 2010 Visits: 3,126,157
- March Avg Visits/day (approx): 104,000
- March 2010 Pageviews: 18,006,573
- Total Data transferred (in/out): 2554 Gb
- Most popular page (after the home page): http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/photos-a-images/photo-gallery
Bandwidth Graph for the corresponding period:
Not far behind this site in terms of traffic are the Joomlacode.org as well as forum.joomla.org websites. Rochen host both of these sites as well, with Joomlacode.org hosted on a cluster of servers. Hopefully in the future I can do a similar post with more details on some of the other Official Joomla! sites we host.
I’ll leave the finer details with regard to users and extensions listed to the JED editors who will hopefully follow up this post with one of their own.
If your business requires the same level of security and stability that Rochen is able to provide to the Joomla! Project, be sure to get in touch with our sales team. Do you follow Rochen on Twitter yet?
Brad Baker has been a member of the Rochen team since early 2003 and is a founding member of the Joomla! Open Source Project. He currently is part of the Joomla LeadershipTeam, and also blogs here. You can find him on Twitter @xyzulu